The EASTERN CAPE INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS (ECIA), formerly known as the Port Elizabeth Society of Architects was founded in 1900 with affiliation to, and with a constitution based on that of the Royal Institute of British Architects. In 1927 The Port Elizabeth Society of Architects became the Port Elizabeth Local Committee of the Cape Provincial Institute of Architects and in 1990 the Constitution of the Institute of South African Architects was amended and the institute, as currently constituted, came into being.
Members of the ECIA subscribe to a strict code of conduct to ensure the public of the highest standards in professional practice. Having the advantage of institutional support, collective experience, continued professional development and international affiliations to draw from, members are able to maximize client's benefit through competency, expertise and integrity.
- Tim Hewitt-Coleman – President
- Neill Kievit - Vice President - Practice
- Debbie Wintermeyer- Promotions
- Hactor Malete - Promotions (assistant)
- Jo Staats – Communications
- Daniel Bezuidenhout - Youth Desk
- Andrew Palframan – Education and NMMU representative
- Nicola Darke – Heritage
- Phillip Loots - Habitat
- Albrecht Herholdt - Benefits
- Andrew Treasure – NMBM representative
- Dorelle Sapere - NMDA representative
- Alasdair Strong - assisting Practice
Executive Officer: Kathy Hess